Mark Terry

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yeah, Okay

March 10, 2011
Yeah, okay. Glamorous and exciting life of the freelancer. Around 3:30 or so in the afternoon I was contacted by a new client to do a copyediting gig. They're a big outfit and the pay rate was OK (not great, but adequate) and they're the type of client that pays OK, but can possibly send you an unending stream of work, so I took the gig, which was projected to take 9 hours (which was pretty damned accurate, I must say).

Then after accepting the job around 3:30 in the afternoon I realized that their deadline was 9:00 THIS MORNING!

I had 18 hours or so to do a 9-hour job and I wasn't starting until 4:00 PM or so.

Well, crapola. So I worked until 11:40 last night when I seemed to be running into, shall we say, diminishing returns, so I went to bed, but set my alarm for an hour earlier (5:00 AM), crawled out of bed, ate a Pop Tart, worked on the project until 7:00, took Sean to school, jumped back on the project at 7:30 and wrapped it up and invoiced it right around 8:00.

I've got an interview scheduled for a series of articles I'm writing, then I believe I'll take a nap, have lunch somewhere, return and transcribe the interview, then take the rest of the day off.

How are you? Having fun today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home