Mark Terry

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Coming to a bookstore...


August 6, 2008
Apparently the German translation of The Devil's Pitchfork will be published in Germany in September. As far as I can tell (my German is rusty), the title has been changed to The Poison of the Angels, or I suppose, The Angel's Poison.

I like the cover.

And I hope I actually get copies. The French version's been out a while and I have yet to get copies--typically the foreign publishers ship them to the agent who handled the deal, in this case the foreign rights person at Llewellyn, and then they send you and your agent copies. Given that they kicked me out the door, who knows?

There will be a Slovak edition out, too, but as far as I can tell, there's no Amazon in the Slovak Republic, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Anyway, this is pretty cool, actually.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

7 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Oh!!! Remind us! I've been wanting to brush up on my German. This would be a FUN way to do it. I'm pretty sure the German Amazon will ship to the U.S.

Very cool! Congratulations!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Nothing bad about more copies of your book floating around -- in other countries, no less!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Tami P said...

Totally Awesome!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Zoe Winters said...

I've always thought foreign versions of a book were one of the neatest things for published writers.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

That means one more whole week, doesn't it? Man, what is it with bloggers going on vacation?

Hope you're having blast!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Joe Moore said...

Hey Mark,
Here's THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK in Slovak: http://www.martinus.sk/?uItem=42785

And here's THE SERPENT'S KISS: http://www.martinus.sk/?uItem=46785

Contrats!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Joe Moore said...

BTW, here's THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK in French: http://www.ada-inc.com/produit.php?produit_id=1219

And here's THE SERPENT'S KISS: http://www.ada-inc.com/produit.php?produit_id=1640

Congrats again!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home