Mark Terry

Monday, April 07, 2008

Your Frightening Trivia Thought For The Day

April 7, 2008
So, I'm listening to Eric Schmidt, who's some uppity-muckety-muck with Google, it's a YouTube presentation I won't bother linking to, because, well, it's almost an hour long and it's about healthcare and I was watching it (sort of) for a writing gig, but Schmidt made a comment that I thought I would throw out for you to contemplate. Feel free to file it under, oh, say:

--Useless Trivia
--Oh, That's Interesting
--The End of the World As We Know It
--WTF et al.

Schmidt said that EVERY MINUTE, yes, EVERY MINUTE, 10 hours (yes, 10 HOURS!!!) of video is uploaded to YouTube.

He also noted that where the technology is these days, you could have a device the size of an iPod which could hold 84 YEARS of video. (Which he referred to as the ultimate frustration device, since you would only have time to watch it all after you were dead).

Depending on my mood, I'm going to file that one under either "Useless Trivia" or, more days than not, "The End of the World As We Know It." Because, after all, I'm like, really happy to know that we're using bandwidth and electronic resources to keep multiple copies of Starsky & Hutch re-run online right along with video of people's Stupid Pet Tricks.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

More like scary trivia. lol
Did you ever google your home town on youtube? I found my town is full of clowns.
Now that was scary.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Stephen Parrish said...

Think about the ratio of books you'll read in a lifetime to books that have ever been in print. That's what scares me. As Carl Sagan said, "The trick is to know which books to read."

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some Atlantica online Gold and the Atlantica Gold is given by my close friend who tells me that the Atlantica online money is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should buy Atlantica online Gold with the spare money and I gain some cheap Atlantica online Gold from other players.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy wow gold
wow gold
buy wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
UGG Cardy
UGG Classic Short
Tiffany Necklaces

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home