Mark Terry

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Brain Is Like A Meteor Shower


January 9, 2008
I note that I either have nothing to say or too much to say. Or rather, I don't know what to say about what I want to say. Or...

Hey, when has not having anything to say stopped me?

Just sent out my first invoice of 2008. Whee!

Got an e-mail yesterday from an audiobook  company that was interested in the rights to my books. That. Is. So. Cool. I'll keep you posted. (And yes, for those of you "in the know" I do find a vicious sort of satisfaction in that).

I'm working on two novels. One is CHINA FIRE. I'm currently rewriting what I'd done on it so far, thanks to the excellent comments of Natasha, AKA Spyscribbler. Thanks! I'm also working on a YA novel called THE FORTRESS OF DIAMONDS. The best way to describe is to say: What if Indiana Jones had a 16-year-old daughter?

All in all, though, I'm too busy to really be working hard on the novels. Besides the invoice today, I need to finish and turn in an outline for a research report sometime today (but I found time to blog, didn't I?) and I need to dig in and finish proofing and tweaking another research report I got the galley of yesterday. As I commented to my wife when I finished my workday, when you've got 20 things on your to-do list, you're too busy.

But busy is good and I'm sure I'll look back at this busy period with a certain fondness at some point during the year.

Got two books for my birthday: The Overlook by Michael Connelly and Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reich.

I confess to feeling a little blue about my birthday. Or perhaps, just that I was feeling blue about some other things that happened to coincide with my birthday. Or something... 

Well, enough of this blather.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blathering goes with age....

11:54 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Aww, thanks for thanking me. *blush*

I'm a little blue myself. I've barely been writing. DH is gone for three months, and I have to organize everything and remember everything and do everything. And it seems when I do all that stuff, it's midnight and I'm still not done and I have to go to bed and I haven't yet written.

*sigh*

3:45 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

You know, SS, does DH stand for Dear Husband? And I was thinking yesterday, spies and all, you should probably call him Boris, ie., Boris & Natasha. :) (Are you too young for that reference?)

4:35 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

LOL, it depends on my mood. It works equally well for Dear Husband and Darned Husband. Kidding, he's a gem. :-)

In my mid-twenties, a Russian guy bought me a drink and asked me my name. After I told him, he smiled and introduced himself as Boris. I laughed. He did not. I tried explaining, but I don't think I ever got past the language barrier, LOL.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Melanie Hooyenga said...

LOL - I've used that cow pic for work!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home