Mark Terry

Saturday, July 07, 2007

On Your Reading Radar: James Rollins & JA Konrath




July 7, 2007


I took my kids out to Borders yesterday and we all picked up books. (My oldest son picked up something called "Vampirates" a YA novel that takes place in 2505. If you think pirates are bad and vampires are worse, then vampirates must be...)




Anyway, despite the fact there were about a thousand books I wanted to buy and I've got about 50 sitting on my shelf to read, I bought two books. They are:



THE JUDAS STRAIN by James Rollins
DIRTY MARTINI by JA Konrath

I'm looking forward to reading both of them. I have, over the years, enjoyed the hell out of both of their books. I've also met Joe and interviewed him twice and interviewed Jim once. They're both good guys. Rollins also apparently writes fantasy novels under the names of James Clemens (I think it's James; I know it's not Samuel).


If you want to know more about their books or the authors, check out their respective websites:





Cheers,

Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about Rollins's fantasy-writing alter ego; I just discovered his books with "Black Order" and am looking forward eagerly to reading more. I definitely have "Judas Strain" on my wish list, and now I'll have to go look for his fantasies!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

www.jamesclemens.com

12:26 PM  
Blogger The Dark Scribe said...

Rollins is great fun. Amazonia absolutely engrossed me for the two days I took reading it (that was about all I did for the two days).

Konrath is also fun, and Dirty Martini is fantastic. I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy through Joe, and it's one hell of a read. D.M. made my list of Must Reads for 2007 (a VERY competitive list).

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

The thing about "Amazonia" that pissed me off was I wanted to be the one to write it. I'd been dabbling over the years with a tech thriller about bioprospectors who are in pursuit of a lizard in the Congo whose bite has a very powerful toxin that for some people has medicinal qualities--and can, in fact, give very, very long life--and then I read "Amazonia" and thought, "Aw shit, he's already done it." Differently, of course, but...

I like Joe's books a lot. I had some problems with "Rusty Nails" but he's very entertaining, even if sometimes the gore factor gets to me.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home