Mark Terry

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Last 10 Books I've Read

April 8, 2007
I guess I've been reading a lot lately. Here's my latest 10, with a few comments.


Stealing the Dragon by Tim Maleeny
Already reviewed it here, but it's a terrific debut novel.

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
The first in the YA Alex Rider novels. Pretty much James Bond as a teenager. Good fun.

The Watchman by Robert Crais
Crais focuses on Joe Pike. I really enjoyed this, though I like the Elvis Cole-focused novels better.

Plug Your Book by Steve Weber
I didn't care for this much. Focuses too much on Amazon rankings.

The Side Effect by Bob Reiss
A rather odd biotech thriller. I thought it ran on a bit long and felt padded by the end, but I liked the premise and the main character's voice quite a bit.

Obsession by Jonathan Kellerman
Another fine Alex Delaware novel.

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince by JK Rowling
Had to re-read this one. Really terrific, as have been all her books. I'll be sad to read the 7th and final book this summer.

Trial & Error by Paul Levine
Hasn't come out yet. I'll review it when it does, but it was a lot of fun.

Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz
The 2nd in the Alex Rider books. Quite a bit of fun. As good as the first? Maybe not, but pretty consistent.

Fear by Jeff Abbott
I like Abbott quite a bit, but I had problems with this one. It's overly convoluted and by the time I got to the end I wasn't sure what the hell had happened. Still, Jeff's a good writer and his portrayals of PTSD in this novel are intriguing.

How about you?

Best,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading some old Victorian stuff and reading/playing a few text adventure games. Yeah, it would probably help if I read something of the sort people actually are writing these days. (Well, OK, I've read some of the Hugo nominated sf stories too...)

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading the KiteRunner and it just broke my heart. Check out the Video Book Review

3:03 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Oh! I want to read Kite Runner. It's on that Very Long TBR list.

Gosh, I can't remember the last ten books. I'll try, but some of my titles will be wrong.

The Lost Boys of Sudan
Lost Boy of Sudan (they're different books ... similar titles, but I forget the exact title, sorry!)
Some Charitable Lady's memoir of her life in Rwanda.
An Africa Current History analysis (gosh, I'm failing this, badly!)
Natalie Roberts's Tutu Deadly
Tim Maleeny's Stealing the Dragon
Rachel Butler's Deep Cover
Stephen King's Rose Madder
Ishmael Beah's A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Child Soldier.

Eek! I can't remember a tenth one. I'm writing down your list. I usually like the books you do!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
last chaos gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your lastchaos gold.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many lastchaos money by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get buy last chaos gold. If you need , you can cheap lastchaos goldat our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home