Mark Terry

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Still Life With Elephants

November 9, 2006
My wife works fairly close to the Palace of Auburn Hills, the arena where the Detroit Pistons play. It's also a concert venue and overall entertainment venue. They are currently hosting a circus, Ringling Brothers, I think.

The other day the circus came to town and the place where Leanne works was told when they came, indicating that they were unloading the elephants and anybody interested could go watch.

Leanne went out and the Oakland County Sheriff's had closed down the road and the circus folks unloaded their elephants, which then walked in single-file line from where they unloaded (this might be by train) to the Palace. She said they held the tail of the elephant of ahead of them with their trunk, and laughed as she talked about one elephant trying to unsuccessfully catch the tail of the elephant in front of it.

I'm fairly floored that there were people who did not go out and see this. I hope I'm never that jaded.

So here's hoping that you have a life filled with elephants.

Best,
Mark Terry

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to this! I don't think I'll ever know what it's like not to care about seeing some elephants. Some people don't seem to care about such things, but maybe I'm being unfair, maybe they just care about different things than I do.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Yeah. I wish I could have seen it.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home