Mark Terry

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mystery Scene Magazine Raves About THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK

November 23, 2006
I got a head's-up about an upcoming rave review from Mystery Scene Magazine for THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK. Here it is:

It’s 1991, and Derek Stillwater and Richard Coffee are doing recon on an Iraqi ammunition depot. Just as they provide the coordinates for the US bombers overhead, they are discovered by their enemy. At the moment the bombing commences, the wind shifts, carrying poison gas straight towards them. The two Iraqis die within seconds; acting quickly, Stillwater inoculates himself, then Coffee, before fleeing the scene. Later, he passes out. Upon waking, he’s told Coffee didn’t make it.

Cut to the present. Terrorists have obtained samples of Chimera-13, a lethal manmade virus, and are threatening to unleash it in Washington, DC. Now a troubleshooter with Homeland Security, Stillwater is called in to track the terrorists. His investigations and instincts tell him that the theft is the handiwork of his ex-partner, who has seemingly risen from the dead. Questioning his conclusion, and struggling with panic attacks that threaten to shut him down at any moment, Stillwater pursues the dangerous specter from his past.

A thrill ride in novel form, The Devil’sPitchfork is hands down one of the most gripping novels you’ll read this year. The plot resonates deeply in our post 9/11 world and it also features one of the more compelling leading men in recent memory, Derek Stillwater. Quick-witted, willful, but somehow vulnerable, Stillwater is Jack Ryan before he lost a step. Rooting for him in his highstakes race against time is easy; anticipating his reactions to each successive shock and surprise is great fun.—Hank Wagner


Well, I'm having a very good Thanksgiving with much to be thankful for.

Best,
Mark Terry

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the only question is when's the movie out?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Your lips to Spielberg's ears.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

Excellent! My husband loved the book too and just turned it over to me. I can't wait to read it because he could not put it down. A definate page turner!
Good job Mark!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Hope you like it, too, AImless.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Mark! Congratulations!

I hope you're having a great Thanksgiving weekend with your family!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stayed up half the night reading. I only put the book down when my eyes gave out on me. I picked it back up the next morning and finished it. Excellent Reading!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Glad you liked it, Nancy.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Confessions of a Starving Mystery Writer said...

Congrats...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic review, Mark! I started Pitchfork Saturday. I love it. And I'm a long-time Clancy fan, so I'm picky about these things. You really start off with a bang. I'll put a review up on my blog (visited by at least 5 people per week!) when I'm finished.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.shadowoflegendgold.org
I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some shadow of legend Gold,he usually can win a lot of sol gold,then he let his friends all have some cheap shadow of legend Gold,his friends thank him very much for introducing them the shadow of legend Gold money,they usually buy shadow of legend Gold together.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
holic gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage yourholic money.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many holic online gold by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get cheap holic gold. If you need , you can holic online money at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home